|Photo: Billy's Planet|
I’ve always been really sensitive to microwaves, I can feel the radiation emitting off of them and usually leave the room if one is on.
Here are five reasons why they are worth getting rid of:
Microwaves zap food nutrition
Heating your food in the microwave strips away its original nutrients. The high frequencies emitted from a microwave force the water molecules to rapidly spin, creating friction which heats the food in a short amount of time. This completely changes the molecular structure of the food itself.
Dr. Joseph M. Mercola, a licensed physician writes that the dielectric heat in the microwave bounces around and is absorbed in the food until it evolves into a sort of ‘dead food’. The nutritional value greatly diminishes the longer the food absorbs the radiation.
Microwaves destroy breast milk and vitamin B-12
In a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, researchers examined the effects of microwave heating on the loss of vitamin B-12 in foods like raw beef, pork, and milk. The results of the study show there was a 30 to 40 percent loss of the vitamin when the foods received microwave exposure. What they found was the natural chemicals in vitamin B-12 became virtually inactive after the microwave heating process.
Researchers tested 22 freshly frozen human milk samples for lysozyme activity and antibodies by heating the samples for 30 seconds on either a low or high power setting. Breast milk microwaved at high temperatures was found to have greater E coli growth — 18 more times than un-microwaved breast milk. Microwaving at low temperatures also dramatically decreased lysozyme activity and also promoted the growth of harmful bacteria for babies.